Club de la Union
The Club de la Union is a non-profit Peruvian civil association which was founded on October 10, 1868. Its founders include such notable historical figures such as Miguel Grau, Alfonso Ugarte, and Francisco Bolognesi many of which would later go on to serve in the Peruvian military during the War of the Pacific.
Currently, the Club de la Union is headquartered in the heart of the Historic center of Lima on the Plaza Mayor. Its offices occupy the Palace of the Union which is located at the intersection of the Jiron de la Union and the Jiron Huallaga.
The Palace of the Union was inaugurated in 1942 and is considered a Monument of National Heritage by the National Institute of Culture and along with the Government Palace, Cathedral of Lima, Archbishop's Palace and the Municipal Palace of Lima forms the Plaza Mayor of Lima.
The club also maintains a beach headquarters in the Santa Rosa District which also serves as a sports complex.