Gisela Valcarcel in América Televisión's Press Conference, anunciating El SHow de los Sueños
|Born|| Sonia Mercedez Gisela Valcárcel Álvarez|
26 January 1963
|Other name(s)||Gisela Valcárcel, La reina del mediodía (The Noon Queen), La señito, "Gise", "the peruvian television's queen"|
|Occupation||hostess, actress, writer|
|Spouse(s)||Roberto Martínez (div), Javier Carmona (div.)|
Sonia Mercedez Gisela Valcárcel Álvarez (26 January 1963 in La Victoria District, Lima) is a popular Peruvian television hostess, actress and businesswoman. She has hosted midday shows through the nineties in many television stations in Peru, She became "the noon queen". Her shows were compared to those of Rafaella Carrá in Italy, Susana Giménez in Argentina and Verónica Castro in México.
She started as a comic actress and a former dancer ("vedette"), then, become the queen of midday from Peruvian TV for several years during the late 80's and early 90's, with an average rating of 40 points. Her guests have been all famous Latin American stars such as Julio Iglesias, Luis Miguel, Guillermo Dávila, Ricardo Montaner, Shakira, María Antonieta de las Nieves, Isabel Pantoja, Jose Luis Rodriguez, Menudo, Ricky Martin, Thalía, Paulina Rubio, Rocio Durcal (recently deceased), Paloma San Basilio, and many more. Her TV shows were always very popular due to the special connection she made with audiences, through phone conversations on TV, offering advice to the audience, especially housewives, who were identified with her success. In parallel, she became entrepreneur of "Amarige Salon & Urban Spa", a beauty parlor.
While on TV, she married Roberto Martínez, a back then popular soccer player. Her marriage to him did not last long. There are several conceptions about the relationship. As a matter of fact it is said, while in the marriage, Martinez had an affair with "Viviana Rivasplata",Viviana Rivasplata en Chicas Peruanas a local Peruvian model. After some years, the couple Martinez-Valcarcel got divorced and the soccer player then married the model (from who she later divorced too).
Gisela Varcarcel simultaneously turned on to host Saturday nighttime television shows for various years in the late nineties and early 2000, including reality shows of local versions of Big Brother named "La Casa de Gisela". In the meantime, she also entered a phase of spiritual search that took her to India, meeting some religious leaders, including Sathya Sai Baba and in the U.S. Deepak Chopra. This changed her perspective, bringing a stage of peace to her life. In 2006 after 6 years of romance, she married Javier Carmona. The couple separated shortly after the marriage.
She's currently a sportsman, fan of marathons, forming a local group running various competitions. Her oldest daughter married and made her grandmother.
Her latest project is a local version of "Bailando por un sueño" in franchise with Mexican Tv station Televisa. In January 2009 she travelled to The United States of America to get a new franchise in Natpe conference. On February 2009 she return to Lima with her new project to the tv : El Show de los Sueños. again in franchise with Televisa.
- She was the musician Oscar D'León's girlfriend.
- She is an athlete, marathon runner, forming a local group running various competitions
- In 2006, after more than four years of romance, she married Javier Carmona, Commercial Manager of the house Frecuencia Latina television forming a family and participate in television production, though the couple divorced sought after only 8 months of marriage.
As business ventures into the business of beauty and image of women, currently owns and manages the recognized Beauty Salons & Spas Lima "Amarige." Is director of women's magazines "Gisela" and "Amarige." Moreover runs his own television production company called GV Productions.
Amarige Salón & Urban Spa is one of the most exclusive beauty and relaxation centers in the city; the team specializes in excellent customer care. Ladies: In the services: hair, styling, color, extensions, manicure and pedicure spa, conditioning, waxing and makeup. Treatments: such us the Facial Aqua C, that includes vitamin A, C and E, collagen veil or the Luxury Facial. Gentleman: Emperor therapy where you will enjoy like a king, sauna, body exfoliation with a Turkish bath and a comforting masage.
Amarige have a magazine called "A"
Is a monthly magazine for women founded by Gisela Valcarcel, it have women's tips including: Fashion, business, cooking, erotism, diet and actors news. Is one of the most popular magazines in the contry and the most read in the year. In 2008 gisela anunced that the magazine will be in stand by and will comeback renovated because she is working hard in Los Reyes de la Pista (Perú).
Is a television producer who actually is the network of her program Los Reyes de la Pista (Perú).
In 2005 wrote an autobiographic book "My Name is Gisela" (Mi Nombre es Gisela) where she tells her complete story, ups and downs and includes photos.
On saturday 25th 2008 in her program Bailando por un sueño (Perú), the participants of the first and second season celebrate her aniversary giving her 21 candles, the lastone was the Micky Rospigliosi's candle who says "Music mr.Director" (música señor director) same as gisela when she presents a dance, after that the participants souch as Carlos Alcantara, Marisol Aguirre, Marco Antonio, and others, went to the dance floor and dance the Juan Luis Guerra song and Gisela Leitmotif "Las Avispas".
- "Aló Gisela" (1987 - 1993) midday show forwarded by Panamericana Televisión Channel 5
- "Gisela en America" (1994) midday show forwarded by América Televisión Channel 4
- "Así es Gisela" (1995) night show forwarded by Panamericana Televisión Channel 5
- "Gisela en América" (1996 - 1997) midday show forwarded by América Televisión Channel 4
- "Gisela contigo" (1998) midday show forwarded by Red Global Channel 13
- "Gisela" (2000) midday show forwarded by Panamericana Televisión Channel 5
- "Gisela" (2001) night show forwarded by Panamericana Televisión Channel 5
- "Gisela" (2002) night show forwarded by Frecuencia Latina Channel 2
- "La casa de Gisela" (2003) night show forwarded by Frecuencia Latina Channel 2
- "Siempre Gisela" (2005) night show forwarded by Frecuencia Latina Channel 2
- "Bailando por un sueño (Perú)" (2008) night show forwarded by Panamericana Televisión Channel 5
- "Los Reyes de la Pista (Perú)" (2008) night show forwarded by Panamericana Televisión Channel 5
- Teleton 2008
- La mujer del año - Teatro Canout
- "EL SUBMARINO" (1999)
- Tarata (2008)
- La Reina del mediodía (The Noon Queen)
- La Reina de la Televisión Peruana (The Peruvian television's queen)
- La Reina del entretenimiento Blanco (The white enterentain queen)
- La Reina de Panamericana