The Ministry of Defence of Peru (Spanish: Ministerio de Defensa del Perú) is the agency of the Peruvian government responsible for safeguarding of national security on land, sea and air. For such purpose it exercises command over the Peruvian Armed Forces composed of the Army, the Navy and the Air Force.
The Ministry of Defense of Peru was created by Law No. 24654 on April 1, 1987, during the government of President Alan García. It absorbed the previous Ministries of War, Navy and Aeronautics as well as the Comando Conjunto de las Fuerzas Armadas (Joint Chiefs of Staff) and the National Defence Secretariat.
The current Minister of Defence is Ántero Flores Aráoz. The government agency under his command is organized as follows:
- Secretaría General (General Secretariat)
- Viceministerio de Asuntos Administrativos y Económicos
(Viceministry of Administrative and Economic Matters)
- Viceministerio de Asuntos Logísticos y de Personal
(Viceministry of Logistics and Personnel Matters)
- Dirección Nacional de Política y Estrategia
(National Directorate of Politics and Strategy)
- Comando Conjunto de las Fuerzas Armadas (Joint Command of the Armed Forces)
- Ejército del Perú (Peruvian Army)
- Marina de Guerra del Perú (Peruvian Navy)
- Fuerza Aérea del Perú (Peruvian Air Force)
es:Ministerio de Defensa del Perú